Sunday 6 October 2013

So I started a blog...

Hi Everyone,

Well here goes...I've started a blog. Samantha's Bewitchin Kitchens is a looooong time coming but must admit, I've procrastinated getting started. The reason...fear! It can be scary to put your thoughts out there for the world to see or gasp..judge, however I've put on my big girl panties and I'm ready! This blog will mainly be about my passion for healthy, gluten-free cooking, fitness related articles and entertaining life shenanigans...never a dull moment over here! Growing up, Bewitched was one of my favourite shows and I was teased for looking like a mini Elizabeth Montgomery, which I secretly loved, so paired with my love for cooking, I felt the name was a match made in paleo heaven :)

I've also had a health secret I've kept quiet for almost 4 years now that I know can help others if I just had the courage to share my story...I have Crohn's Disease. There I said it...wasn't that bad I guess. Although it has taken me lots of training to say that without crying...ask my best friends. I know that Crohn's is not a life-sentence but at the time for me it was. I have always been active and taken my health seriously so I couldn't understand why this had happened to me. Numerous hospitals visits and receiving almost no guidance from my doctors who said that "nutrition" had nothing to do with my healing, led me to my own research and a gluten-free happy lifestyle I adhere to today. While this blog will not address Crohn's solely, I did want to put it out there in case others who suffer from this disease needed some inspiration that you CAN live an extraordinary life and kick a$$ doing it! By no means am I perfect with my diet at all times; who doesn't love chocolate and vino?? I do consciously try and make healthy choices most of the time. I appreciate all who have taken the time to read this and I look forward to entertaining and educating you on Samantha's Bewitchin Kitchens :)

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more Sam! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title of your blog, Samantha - AND - the content. You are giving great value - and being honest about what you've experienced helps inspire the rest of us. I have my diet/food/health challenges too - and I'm cheering you on! And yes, you do look like the star of Bewitched LOL. Keep making magic :) xoxo Lila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rhianon and Lila, your comments mean more to me than you know! :) I will do my best to always inspire and am cheering for you too Lila!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete