Monday 7 October 2013

Momentum Monday's


According to Merriam-webster.com, Momentum is defined as:
: the strength or force that something has when it is moving
: the strength or force that allows something to continue or to grow stronger or faster as time passes, all of which to me means...GET MOVING! Monday's are always a bit tough, we are tired from the weekend and getting back into the grove at work which can lead to having the "Monday blues". One thing I am committed to doing on this blog is posting every Monday to keep myself accountable and hopefully have something to brighten your day :) Consistency is a big thing for me and if I'm going to do something, I like to do it all the time. So on Monday's for example, I always work out. Even if I'm tired, cranky, whatever, I force myself to get out of bed and get moving. Usually I head to my gym, 2110 Fitness in Calgary for the 6:15am Rise and Shine classes. These are HIIT/crossfit type classes that have challenged me like no other. Here is their website if your interested! http://www.2110fitness.com/ Once 45 minutes has gone by, the endorphins have kicked in and I somehow see the day with a new light. If your not an early bird like me, lunch hour is a great time to get moving and many office buildings now have gyms that you can escape to. Whatever you can do to move, even if its just for 15 minutes will help create a more positive mindset and your body will thank you.

Now on to something more fun...What are you having for dinner?? This is something I ponder about throughout the day but I'm getting better with pre-planning our week's meals. Here is a quick recipe I created last week that I thouroughly enjoyed. I must warn you that I am the queen of concoctions so get ready for some weird mixes! They all generally taste great I promise :)

Samantha's Shrimp!

Place a large skillet on your oven grill at medium temperature
Add 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil and let simmer
Add one bag of thawed shrimp (I thaw it over night) and grill until almost cooked (stirring frequently)
Add 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk (I use Thai Kitchen available at most grocery stores) and stir until shrimps are covered
Add 1 tsp cocoa powder and stir (this will give it a sweet and salty taste)
Add a sprinkle of sea salt until desired taste
Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
Add a sprinkle of cinnamon
Simmer heat and stir for about 5 more minutes. In total this should only take about 10-12 minutes as shirmp doesn't need to be cooked that long. Serve with a side of Sweet Potatoes or Squash and you've got yourself the perfect fall meal. This should feed about 3-4 people depending on appetites. Enjoy!



2 comments: